Friday, April 16, 2010

Feels like home.


0416001748.jpg, originally uploaded by lichen lady.

One of the first things I did as a new bride almost 12 years ago was purchase a fern. I was creating my own home and I wanted a fern to make it feel complete. But the fern didn't last. I purchased a little one every now and then to try again, but they never lasted. Too much light, too much or too little water, etc. Eventually my house was full of pets and kids and the house plants were all given away, except for the few that fit on a windowsill.
Then we moved into our "never-move-again" home and after about a month I started thinking about ferns again. My mom always had a giant fern. She placed it on top of the upright piano or the hutch and her fern would grow until it's fronds swept the floor. Today she gave me an offshoot of the original. However, if you look at it, it is hardly a small fern! Thanks Mom! My home is honored to have one of your ferns. I will do my best to nurture it so Fairy Girl can have one for her future home too. Cross your fronds!

No comments:

Post a Comment